PickTerm Flexible – components
A pick-by-light system consists mainly of hardware and software components:
- Electronic displays in different designs, e.g. with or without quantity displays or in a text display version.
- The interface units (controllers) which supply electricity to the displays as well as acting as an interface between interface and control computer.
- The displays are mounted on a base profile made of aluminium which is welded or screwed onto the respective surface (e.g. shelving). The base profiles are equipped with multi-point plugs which supply the displays with electricity and data.
- A computer, either from KBS or the customer’s own, is required to control the pick-by-light system.
- Other optional components of a pick-by-light system include scanners, RFID readers, zone displays, weighing devices, label printers, sensors, signalling devices, to name a few.
- The displays are mounted on a carrier profile made of aluminium which is welded or screwed onto the respective surface (e.g. shelving). The carrier profiles are equipped with multi-point plugs which supply the displays with electricity and data.
The software components of a pick-by-light system
- As standard software module, our PTF Device Manager is used to manage and control individual components such as displays and controllers.
- An application software controls the picking processes and coordinates the exchange of data with the customer’s host system. Due to the wide variety of host systems and the fact that each user’s processes are unique, this application software is generally tailored to customer requirements.
Functional, flexible and industry compatible
PickTerm Flexible, with its functional design and versatile individual components, confers the advantages of longevity, flexibility, quality and accuracy all in one go.
Designed for durability – a robust and reliable system
To meet the sophisticated demands our customers place on technology and quality, we only use premium materials for our system: Our carrier profiles which are made of aluminium stand for durability, and the control components ensure a long service life. Our OK buttons are designed for at least 10 million picks, thereby guaranteeing long-lasting usability
Simple to assemble and offering the greatest flexibility in display layout
Our snap-in system allows the display components to be inserted into the carrier profile and mounted anywhere on the shelf without the use of tools. A multipoint plug supplies the displays with energy and data.
The displays can be moved to a different place in the blink of an eye, even when the system is operational, without losing an active picking position.
- Highly flexible
- Simple to extend
- Open Interfaces
- Reliable and robust
- Large Portfolio
- High quality components
- Industry compatible
- Integrated special functions
- Made in Germany
From standard displays through to specially customised products
The wide range of standard modules enables us to accommodate virtually any kind of application. If you have special wishes, let us turn them into reality. Please just contact us!